Introducing the Zogics Clean Guide for Fitness Facilities
Despite the current shutdown, we are always looking toward the future. We know that the shutdown will end eventually (and has for some of you), and the public will want to get back to life as usual. We have been listening to the concerns of our industry and we know that you're worried about rebuilding and growing your business after the crisis. As communities get back to their normal routines, they want to know that the places they go are clean and safe. How can you reassure your clientele that they are entering a safe, germ-and-bacteria-free zone?
We developed the Zogics Clean Guide for just this reason.
The Zogics Clean Guide toolkit provides owners and managers with everything from step-by-step cleaning protocols to resources for communicating to clientele that you are following expert recommendations and best practices to deep clean your facility. By following the steps in this toolkit, you will not only get an expert-informed cleaning protocol, but will also learn how to build customer trust by highlighting your high standards of cleaning and sanitizing. We know that with the right tools and planning, your fitness facility will have new and returning clients coming through your (thoroughly cleaned and sanitized) front doors upon your grand re-opening.
Reassuring Clientele Post-COVID-19
When your studio or gym reopens, our “normal” won’t be normal any longer. Businesses are going to have to work extra hard to reassure their customers that the spaces they enter are clean, safe, and that they truly care about keeping people healthy. We know that you do care about the health and safety of your members, and right now you’re probably looking for a little help communicating all the great operational updates you’re making for your clients.
TIP: Integrate your cleaning protocol into your staff and customer communications.
- Create messaging around best practices for members to prevent the spread of germs. Post flyers and signs throughout your facility encouraging members to uphold these practices for their own safety and the health of other members. Encourage staff to reinforce these best practices with members, too.
- Include information about your cleaning practices in member communications, whether through newsletters, email check-ins, or at member enrollment. Not only is this a good way to let your current members know that you are upholding the highest levels of cleanliness and safety, but this can also be promoted as a selling point for your facility to prospective clientele.
- If you have a social media account, a detailed post about your current deep cleaning practices will show your members how you’re continuing to put their health first.
- Be informational and factual about the spread of germs and the necessary standards of cleanliness for your facility, but use uplifting, reassuring messaging to explain your protocols.
TIP: Lead clientele and employees by example.
- Be an industry leader in your community — improve and refine your cleanliness protocol to stay on the cutting edge of developments and guidelines.
- Discourage sick customers from coming to the gym by offering a robust catalog of online class alternatives.
- Learn to be proactive, rather than reactive by incorporating precautionary measures into your business practices, such as daily/weekly/monthly/annual cleaning protocols, improved internal and external communications, and a dynamic cleaning supplies ordering process.
Cleaning vs. Disinfecting/Sanitizing
“Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. It does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting/Sanitizing refers to using chemicals, for example, EPA-registered disinfectants, to kill germs on surfaces. By killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.”
What’s in the Zogics Clean Guide toolkit?
- Downloadable, printable one-sheets (ideal for sharing with your staff) with detailed cleaning and disinfecting instructions for every space in your facility: locker rooms, cardio rooms, weight rooms, and more!
- Tips for communicating with staff and your fitness community about your updated cleaning protocols.
- Email and social media templates that you can easily personalize.
Empower your staff and reassure your community with our FREE downloadable cleaning and disinfecting guides for fitness centers, educational settings, hospitality facilities and more.
Topics from this blog: industry news #trending Product ResourcesBack